What's new

Photos of people look wrong

Sunny Rio

Reaction score
My Aunt has an Iphone 11 and took some photos of me, yet my hair looks 4 times greyer than it really is, my face looks like I haven't shaved in 3 days, and my arms look twice as muscular. What is it doing?!

My Aunt has an Iphone 11 and took some photos of me, yet my hair looks 4 times greyer than it really is, my face looks like I haven't shaved in 3 days, and my arms look twice as muscular. What is it doing?!
Have you looked in a mirror? 🙂

Yes, I compared the photo to the image in the mirror. It's just like a recording of your voice, it sounds nothing like what you really sound like. I don't think cameras and eyes are the same yet.

Have you looked in a mirror? 🙂
This get weirder. I've now looked at several photos, live photos, and videos of me, all taken with her iphone 11. They contradict each other. In one, I'm as in reality - almost clean shaven, mostly dark brown hair, a touch of greying on the sides. In another, I have facial hair that looks like I would if I hadn't shaved in 3 days, and all my hair is grey! Looks like the camera gets confused in different brightnesses of light. I get greyer in bright light and more beard in subdued light. But that doesn't happen in real life. Rubbish white balance perhaps?