What's new

Original iPhone. Removing photos when its disabled.

PdeM

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i recently found my Original iPhone. Problem is that it says its disabled. I connect to itunes but it says its locked with a passcode and I must enter the passcode. Problem is I don't remember my passcode nor can I even put a passcode in.

Is there anyway I can remove just the photos? I have some old family photos, that are of huge importance to me. Lots of great family memories. What can I do?

I don't care if I lose the info in it, I just want my photos.

Thanks

Franco

Yes. Plug your phone in. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your phone. Your photographs are in the DCIM folder and are accessible even if the phone is locked.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Basically can't you get to anything on the SIM card that way? Just curious. Great answer by the way.

hookbill said:
Basically can't you get to anything on the SIM card that way? Just curious. Great answer by the way.

Thanks. No. Only the photos and videos are available using this method, presumably because they are the only media that belongs to the owner unreservedly. Everything else has the usual copyright yada yada attached to it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I connected the iPhone, however it doesn't appear on My Computer folder. The phone is charging, but where is the DCIM file?

I connected the iPhone, however it doesn't appear on My Computer folder. The phone is charging, but where is the DCIM file?

You have to use Windows Explorer. On my computer it's on the bottom tray. Open it up and explore in there. If you don't know how to get to Windows Explorer let us know what OS you are using.

If it's a mac I would bet it would pop up as an icon on the desktop.

PdeM said:

Try a different USB port, preferably USB2.0 and definitely not a hub. Sometimes Windows doesn't pick up the iPhone. Just unplug it and plug it in again. DCIM is the sub folder under Internal Storage.

Are you hearing the USB device connected sound?

The full path is My Computer/Fred's iPhone/Internal Storage/DCIM/

There may be additional sub folders. Your photographs will be in them.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Last edited:
Yes, there is a sounds that it connects, however, it doesn't say Francos Iphone under my computer. Nothing appears. When I go to devices and printers, I see that its connected there, but when I click properties, I go to hundreds of files and folders, but no DCIM. I've done it before on other Iphones like you said, but this one doesnt appear. Weird

Try this. Find your iPhone and right click on it. Go to Import Pictures. A box will open. Click "Import".

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Yea nothing. Really appreciate the help gus

How can I get the phone working again? I'd like to restore it if possible.