What's new

iphone 4 disabled - unable to restore

Alwaysconfused

Reaction score
I have fully disabled my iphone 4 (after the allowances of 1 min, 30 min etc) and need to restore my phone. I still do not know what the passcode is. I have tried about 100 times (no joke), to restore using itunes but when it gets to the end of the restore, it asks for my passcode!

I am at a loss - what can I do?

I just want it to go back to factory settings.

If this IS your iPhone, you were the one who set the passcode in the first place, and should know it.

If you set a passcode on the iPhone, you would have had to enter the passcode many times during normal daily operation of the iPhone. However all of a sudden you forgot your personal passcode? I could be completely wrong, but your story seems suspect.

Suspect? Don't be ridiculous! Isn't the reason why iPhones become locked/ disabled because people forget their pass codes?! It happens!
My story is that on a weekend away, I thought it would be good to sit and play with my phone after a heavy night out. Decided id try the change pass code feature - fell asleep - and totally forgot what it was the morning after. Juvenile? Yes. Silly? Yes. But now I need to sort it!