What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

Finding the right thread here is tough enough.

My jailbroken 4s 5.0.1 bricked up last night. Bad timing I know. I had no choice but to upgrade to 5.1 in order to reset it. Can I still downgrade? How do I know if a custom firmware has been saved on my pc? Is that automatic or something I would've had to go out of the way to do? Can I download a 5.0.1 firmware via a torrent or something and have that work?? Any clarification would be very appreciated.

ok so i have an iphone 3gs with 4.0.2 and im looking to upgrade to i0s 5.0.1...for that i need to download the firmware for 5.0.1 as given in the link above, install it on my phone and then jailbreak through red snow rite? im not missing out on anything in between? do i need to preserve my baseband or something b4 i install ios5 from the links given above? it was previously jailbroken with limera...my modem firmware is 05.13.04

Last edited:
Finding the right thread here is tough enough.

My jailbroken 4s 5.0.1 bricked up last night. Bad timing I know. I had no choice but to upgrade to 5.1 in order to reset it. Can I still downgrade? How do I know if a custom firmware has been saved on my pc? Is that automatic or something I would've had to go out of the way to do? Can I download a 5.0.1 firmware via a torrent or something and have that work?? Any clarification would be very appreciated.

Search is your friend!

To answer your question, no, you cannot install 5.0.1 on your iPhone4S under any circumstances as things stand today. See our FAQ for the reasons why - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

ok so i successfully upgraded and jailbroke my phone :D...it gave the no service error but i fixed it thru ultrasnow...although for furture reference how do u make a back up of your apps (both cydia and apple)

ok so i successfully upgraded and jailbroke my phone :D...it gave the no service error but i fixed it thru ultrasnow...although for furture reference how do u make a back up of your apps (both cydia and apple)

You use iTunes or iCloud as normal for anything non-jailbreak related. Jailbreaking does not change the way the standard features of your iPad work such as the App Store or iCloud.

For jailbreak apps there are several options. My favourite is PkgBackup, but others are available. See here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings-30889/

I am trying to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 4 GSM ios 4.0 and original BB and keep getting error 3194 when trying to restore custom ios 5.0.1. I have followed the instruction on how to edit my host file on my windows pc to include #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com with no success. Can someone help?
Thanks in advance.

It's not recommended. But Cydia packages you can use: xBackup or PkgBackup. Both cost money. PkgBackup I the best I think.

AppStore apps. Depends what you want. I never ever restore from a backup....and never will. too much room for bugs and other problems that can just get backed up too.

You can alway just transfer the apps to iTunes...then sync them back over after a restore.

The only reason one does this is do everything is there right after a restore.

But really...,that is not even anything I would even think about until your ready to restore.

i just got an iphone 4 on ios 5.01, firmware 4.11.08.

Can it be unlocked for tmobile yet? Or will it be available anytime soon?

rcizzle said:
i just got an iphone 4 on ios 5.01, firmware 4.11.08.

Can it be unlocked for tmobile yet? Or will it be available anytime soon?

There still isn't an unlock available for 4.11.08 yet.

the thread has been updated with the official 5.0 firmware links.

Anyone who struggles with installation direct from iTunes may be best advised to download to your desktop via the correct link in this post then shift-restore (windows) / option-restore (osx) in iTunes and select the downloaded file.

I tried that but I itunes cant see that folder, as it's zip, when I extract it, then it's LcF normal folder. So when I hold shift and click restore I can see lcF folder when i open it I can't see files in there just empty folders. How can I install ios5 on my 3gs?
Thanks

Ok I just found out that my Iphone is 3G, that's why i Cant upgrate it....