What's new

No Signal/Network error driving me round the bend... iPhone 4

Locini

Reaction score
Ok so first post in desperation to try get this dam phone working.

So my mate gave me his Iphone 4 he updated to IOS 7.0.4 and since then he has had the dreaded no signal/ no network error, so he asked me to have a look at it for him... Im gona say all the things ive done to try and repair this, with no avail...

1) Firstly I switched to airplane mode and reset the power on the device, i checked the sim carriage and SIM card and changed it with another to ensure it wasn't the sim. I have been through all the settings and they are all how they should be.

2) He told me the battery was also not holding a charge, so thinking that may be the issue i replaced that, while I was in doing that I checked the antenna pin in the back, removed and secured again. So thats all good...

3) i jailbroken the device Using EVasion, i installed SAM and redsn0w in attempts to kick the network back into life... All failed.

4) finally out of shear and utter despair i wiped the phone and just last night updated to IOS 7.0.6

still the same, no network, no signal... Everything else on the phone is sweet, just not a phone!!! Is this phone ready for the scrap heap?

Any advice or ideas much appreciated.

Ok so first post in desperation to try get this dam phone working. So my mate gave me his Iphone 4 he updated to IOS 7.0.4 and since then he has had the dreaded no signal/ no network error, so he asked me to have a look at it for him... Im gona say all the things ive done to try and repair this, with no avail... 1) Firstly I switched to airplane mode and reset the power on the device, i checked the sim carriage and SIM card and changed it with another to ensure it wasn't the sim. I have been through all the settings and they are all how they should be. 2) He told me the battery was also not holding a charge, so thinking that may be the issue i replaced that, while I was in doing that I checked the antenna pin in the back, removed and secured again. So thats all good... 3) i jailbroken the device Using EVasion, i installed SAM and redsn0w in attempts to kick the network back into life... All failed. 4) finally out of shear and utter despair i wiped the phone and just last night updated to IOS 7.0.6 still the same, no network, no signal... Everything else on the phone is sweet, just not a phone!!! Is this phone ready for the scrap heap? Any advice or ideas much appreciated.
Have you tried Reset Network Settings in Settings? And did he pay his carrier bill? He might also call his carrier for help.

Last edited:
Have you tried Reset Network Settings in Settings? And did he pay his carrier bill? He might also call his carrier for help.

Yea he is up to date with all his bills, and phone has never been lost or stolen. He did actually phone them about it but because he was due an upgrade at the time of phoning he ended up with the iPhone 5 and i dont think they ever really looked into the fault with this one... So he gave me this phone saying if i can fix it i keep it :) Im currently running with a 3GS so if i can get this one going is saves me over a hundred quid on updating.

Do you think i would be able to phone the carrier and enquire about it? Actually im gona be cheeky and do it see what they say... Il give you an update.

And yes, have tried the reset network settings.

So update :

just of the phone to the network service provider (EE) and i explained the situation, I've given them the IMEI number and they have confirmed that the phone is not blacklisted.

must be a problem with the hardware or software... I'm more enclined to think its the software as speaking to my mate he said it definitely started happening after his IOS update to 7.0.4

really scratching my head with this one now... Thinking i may have to wait for the jailbreak to come for 7.0.6 and then try to put an earlier ios on it somehow? Has anyone done this? Can it be done?

Any other her suggestions or input appreciated.

So update : just of the phone to the network service provider (EE) and i explained the situation, I've given them the IMEI number and they have confirmed that the phone is not blacklisted. must be a problem with the hardware or software... I'm more enclined to think its the software as speaking to my mate he said it definitely started happening after his IOS update to 7.0.4 really scratching my head with this one now... Thinking i may have to wait for the jailbreak to come for 7.0.6 and then try to put an earlier ios on it somehow? Has anyone done this? Can it be done? Any other her suggestions or input appreciated.
Reset to factory settings, then connect to iTunes and download iOS 7.0.6

Fixed it.....

for all you folk out there pulling your hair out with the same problem... Try this, it worked for me after everything mentioned above failed. Not saying it will work for you but worth a shot...

iphone 4 - running ios 7.0.6

instead of having the phone plugged into iTunes and doing a restore, disconnect iphone and do in from the phone itself settings-general-reset-erase all content and settings.

when I did that once the phone came back on, I went through the initiation screens when I got to the springboard got a push noticication from apple saying carrier setting update. Hit update and all good...

note: i was getting the carrier setting update when resetting doing it through iTunes however when i accepted it, it never fixed the no network signal issue...

Glad you got it working. I would have thought your buddy would have wiped the phone before he gave it to you. A clean phone is always good way to start!