What's new

New setup question

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

I upgraded to an iPhone 8 this past weekend and I am still trying to get a handle on all of the functions in it, but one thing keeps popping up and that is the reason for this post. I do not utilize: Siri, or the passcode function and yet I keep getting a banner that pops up demanding that in order to finish the setup process, I have to activate both of them. Is there any way around this?

Cheers,
SD

Siri: try going to Settings/ ‘Siri and search’ and turn off all the siri settings.

Wrt the passcode, I think you have to set it and it is in your best interests to set it for security reasons. While I use my fingerprints nearly all the time, there are times when the passcode is essential. (Probably only once every couple of weeks for me.). E.g. powering up after complete shutdown; before and after a system update; if my fingers are wet or just will not work with the fingerprint scanner. (Btw, with the fingerprint, I set both thumbs so I can use either hand.)

If you have set your passcode already, it maybe you are trying to access something, probably in Settings, that requires it.

I hope that this helps you.

The passcode is neccessary. But the two factor authentication is optional. I don't use it. There should be an option to skip it on set up.

Thank you everyone for your input, it is much appreciated. I have skipped both Siri and the passcodes setup process, but keep getting reminded “You still haven’t activated siri and you still haven’t entered a passcode, you need to do this in order to complete the setup process.”