What's new

Let's try this again

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings People,

I haven't attempted a jailbreak since I got the new phone (5) and I think I'm going to try to give this another go around, but I require some assistance and was wondering if someone here could throw me a pointer or two. Very simply put, once jailbroken all I want to do is alter the color scheme of some of the windows, such as the BRIGHT WHITE screen of the phone function, as well as the text messages. I would like to change that background to a dark gray and change the color of the letters/numbers to red. I would like to do the same thing to the screens in the text messages as well.
Since I have NO experience with the new jailbreaking tools, once I get them installed, how would I start? Any tips would be much appreciated and have a great weekend.

Cheers,
SD

I can't help you with your jailbreak question, but I wonder if you've seen the changes to the graphics with 7.1? You can make the text bold (but sadly no color changes) without shutting down now. And the background is now gray for folders and the task bar. You can increase the contrast as well, and also tone down the white background in some apps. Also, you can now highlight around some commands with a "button shape" around the function, in the upper task bar.

There are several tweaks that you may want to consider investing in that can resolve your concerns. Mainly Eclipse, but also Nightmode and UIColors. I've used Eclipse since the official release and it's taken quite a huge step from the initial release. It allows you to change the bright white portion of the non-functional UI to different colors that's not white, such as black/grey, purple, blue, etc. At the same time, you can also change the UI text globally, such as the white/black time, wifi indiciator, LTE/3G, etc on the statusBar. They will run you a dollar or 2 each, but I would say Eclipse would be the better investment in my biased opinion of the three.

Here's the Cydia pages individually if you want to look into them such as screenshots and change logs, etc. These are the same pages that come up when you open up Cydia and look for them (minus the fact that you can't buy them through the below links). If you like one, you can purchase them in Cydia.

Eclipse || Nightmode || UIColors

Thank you! I've just been told by some one that since my phone is new, it has iOS 7.1 & that it is unbreakable. Is there a way to "downgrade" to the last version?

Thank you! I've just been told by some one that since my phone is new, it has iOS 7.1 & that it is unbreakable. Is there a way to "downgrade" to the last version?
I'm afraid not. You'll have to wait until the next jailbreak is released, which may not be until sometime after iOS 8 is released.