What's new

New member! Jailbreak??

svong10

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new member and just recently purchased my first iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and was wondering what jail breaking is and what the benefits of it are??

Where or how do I jailbreak it. Seems pretty kool to beable to FULLY customize my iPhone. Make my friends a little jealous.

Where or how do I jailbreak it. Seems pretty kool to beable to FULLY customize my iPhone. Make my friends a little jealous.
The Jailbreak process is actually quite simple. Just need to know what iOS version is your iPhone 4 on?

5.0.1. Does that sound right?

And thank you all for the warm welcoming.

Awesome. Thank you. When I get home in a few hours I'm gonna jailbreak this bad boy and see what it's real potential is. I'll keep you all informed. And will prolly be asking advice about new apps and how to customize things.

One more question. Will jail breaking it make me lose my other apps music and ect...???

svong10 said:
One more question. Will jail breaking it make me lose my other apps music and ect...???

One love iPhone

Nope... you're iPhone is still fully integratable w/ iTunes after the Jailbreak. Remember one key thing before you start the Jailbreak though... perform a backup via iTunes FIRST! This is just in case something does happen to get goofed during the Jailbreak process you'll have a restore point to get your phone information back. :)

losing or not your other apps, music etc... you should backup your iPhone with iTunes on your computer before performing the jailbreak. Depend on how you are going to jailbreak, you will not lose anything on your iPhone, unless you are going to build a custom firmware and use it to as your iOS and jailbreak then you will lose all you personal info. But you will be able to restore your apps music, sms etc... using your backup in iTunes.