What's new

New iPhone 7 plus

aps510

Reaction score
I've always had Android phones but this past year my two kids got iPhones and the messaging and FaceTime made me feel left out so I paid off my Samsung 6 edge plus and got this with 128 gb. Wow! Ive always been hard on the battery, I have to use good messaging for work and I'm out of the office a lot so I'm on the phone a lot for other reasons too. I didn't even charge the phone last night and it's still at fifty percent! That never happened with any of my other phones, even at the beginning. Anyway, it seems like for the way I use phones the way Apple deals with the battery is perfect. It's also wicked fast and I got a software update without having to wait. Anyway, I'm a convert.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Congratulations on your new device. :)
If there's anything you need to know, just ask. We'll go to any length to help solving a problem, or answer your questions. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your new phone.

I've always had Android phones but this past year my two kids got iPhones and the messaging and FaceTime made me feel left out so I paid off my Samsung 6 edge plus and got this with 128 gb. Wow! Ive always been hard on the battery, I have to use good messaging for work and I'm out of the office a lot so I'm on the phone a lot for other reasons too. I didn't even charge the phone last night and it's still at fifty percent! That never happened with any of my other phones, even at the beginning. Anyway, it seems like for the way I use phones the way Apple deals with the battery is perfect. It's also wicked fast and I got a software update without having to wait. Anyway, I'm a convert.
Welcome to iPhone Forums, aps510! If you have any questions or problems, we're here to help.

... Wow! Ive always been hard on the battery, I have to use good messaging for work and I'm out of the office a lot so I'm on the phone a lot for other reasons too. I didn't even charge the phone last night and it's still at fifty percent! That never happened with any of my other phones, even at the beginning. Anyway, it seems like for the way I use phones the way Apple deals with the battery is perfect...

This ^^^^ is why I can't stay away from iPhones. I routinely switch between Android and Apple, but continue to come back to Apple because of the dismal Android battery life.

This ^^^^ is why I can't stay away from iPhones. I routinely switch between Android and Apple, but continue to come back to Apple because of the dismal Android battery life.

That probably depends on what droid you have. My HTC One 8 died quick but I'd imagine the new ones are much better.

LOL. I know. I was a die hard Android fanboy because I have been a Google customer from the early days when they were just a search engine. I loved the ability to customize and there were plenty of cool apps. My biggest problems were always battery and feeling left out from FaceTime and other Apple-only apps. I am glad you made the change.

LOL. I know. I was a die hard Android fanboy because I have been a Google customer from the early days when they were just a search engine. I loved the ability to customize and there were plenty of cool apps. My biggest problems were always battery and feeling left out from FaceTime and other Apple-only apps. I am glad you made the change.

It's strange how Apple only has like 15% of the phone market but it feels like if you don't have FaceTime or iMessage you're getting left out. Just goes to show how remarkable their products are.

I am also a long time Android user, since the Droid X. Yes Android does allow you to do more customizing but in all those years I never felt any need to root, and honestly only used a small number of the extra features.
After using iPads for 5 years and iMac for 1 year I decided what I wanted was the full integration of all of my devices, and the quality of the Apple products. My most recent phone is the Note 4 with the 4k resolution and honestly I find the screen on the 7+ to be every bit as good, if not better.
I especially like the lower worry level about viruses and spyware, and the fact that updates are much more timely

I am also finding that the battery lasts considerably longer, I've only had this phone for 4 days but so far I love it.