What's new

Neighbors Iphone 4

Presleysdad

Reaction score
My neighbors grandson got her phone out of her purse. It had a passcode lock on it and of course it locked it up. I am trying to restore it on my computer because she does not have one or internet service. I first tried it with an older version of Itunes and it said it was going to take 2 hours to complete. I sat through that and when it was done I got an error message, looked at the apple site and it said that I needed the newest version of Itunes. So downloaded the new version and when I try to restore the phone it says now that it will take 3 hours???? I have a fast connection, anyone have any suggestions?

My neighbors grandson got her phone out of her purse. It had a passcode lock on it and of course it locked it up. I am trying to restore it on my computer because she does not have one or internet service. I first tried it with an older version of Itunes and it said it was going to take 2 hours to complete. I sat through that and when it was done I got an error message, looked at the apple site and it said that I needed the newest version of Itunes. So downloaded the new version and when I try to restore the phone it says now that it will take 3 hours???? I have a fast connection, anyone have any suggestions?

So, basically you are saying is that you need to restore to iOS 7.0.2 & the iTunes takes 3 hours to complete restore.

That's just normal, the restore time depends on how busy Apple servers are.....alternatively, you can also download the iOS 7.0.2 ipsw from any mirror sites and restore with iTunes.

Thank you for the reply, If that is normal then I'm good I guess. It is almost done now, I will report back with what it lets me do

So, basically you are saying is that you need to restore to iOS 7.0.2 & the iTunes takes 3 hours to complete restore.

That's just normal, the restore time depends on how busy Apple servers are.....alternatively, you can also download the iOS 7.0.2 ipsw from any mirror sites and restore with iTunes.

Downloading it from a mirror site makes no difference compared to re-using the IPSW that's already downloaded onto the terminal through iTunes. You're just doing more work for the same result which is impractical.

When restoring devices that have been locked out, it's advised that you put the device into DFU mode to eliminate a lot of the iTunes errors, particularly those that involve having to unlock the device prior to restoring

Thanks for the reply's. After the 3hr wait, it restored her phone and she is using it. She doesn't have internet or a computer so kinda wondering how much she is getting out of the Iphone