What's new

Need help with ringtones :-(

keyboard

Reaction score
Hi

I have purchased some ringtones from the itune shop.........It took my money, and I saw it downloading ( one by one ) so I know that I have them...

They are in the playlists..........This is where I get a Brain Fart !!!!! How the heck do I use these? How do I get them into my iphone4?

I have synced up a couple times .....What am I missing here?

I read a lot of posts on this and they all said to sync.....does this mean , unplug the iphone and then plug it in again and wait until it says " You can disconnect "

Please advise

Ron

You need to go the the ringtones tab on iTunes when you phone is plugged in and select sync ringtones.

I cannot find a ringtone folder....But they are in the music folder ????

Attachments

• $ring.jpg
    $ring.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,259
purchased?? why would you do that?!?!?! lol just convert tracks for free

Hi. I've done every step with RingTones folder appeared under the Library Column.
Renamed the MP3 song from my Notebook Desktop, then dragged to Itunes in Ringtones folder but it'll not be appearing there. Eventually landed into Music. Is it the correct way to apply ? Pls advise. Thanks.

theres a site that tells you how to make them yourself in itunes. thats how i do it. id post the link but it says i have to have three posts to post a link lol

Are you sure you've purchased a ringtone and not an mp3?

For a ringtone to work on an iPhone it has to be in m4r format under 30 seconds for iTunes to recognise it as a ringtone.

For a ringtone to work on an iPhone it has to be in m4r format under 30 seconds for iTunes to recognise it as a ringtone.

if you upload it via SSH it can be as long as you want

Sorry. Didn't know about it as still noob/new in Apple applications..

Didn't know that. Don't think most people would need a ringtone over 30 seconds though! Lol.

Didn't know that. Don't think most people would need a ringtone over 30 seconds though! Lol.

its not about needing one longer then 30 seconds, i mean when i get a call i answer it way before even 10 seconds is up.. its just having to trim each track down to 30 seconds before adding it is annoying