What's new

My iphone 5 is labeled as Non-VZW device

SamiAwwad

Reaction score
When I went to change my plan to the shared everything plan the other day, I was told by customer care that my iPhone 5 is showing up as a "non-VZW device". I recently got a replacement through insurance, does this have anything to do with it?

Was the iPhone 5 active and on your VZW line after you got it replaced? Or did you get it replaced, kept it inactive and decided to activate it when changing your plan to a shared everything?

Was the iPhone 5 active and on your VZW line after you got it replaced? Or did you get it replaced, kept it inactive and decided to activate it when changing your plan to a shared everything?

I immediately put my 4g SIM card from my broken one into the replacement as soon as I received it in the mail. But when I tried going to shared everything, it said my line was not eligible to be on the shared everything plan. I called Verizon today and they put a request to rename my device on my account so hopefully that works

Once your SIM is in, you have to call *228 to program your device. Otherwise, your device won't be activated on the line associated with the SIM. Or you can head over to My VZW and manually do it.

Once your SIM is in, you have to call *228 to program your device. Otherwise, your device won't be activated on the line associated with the SIM. Or you can head over to My VZW and manually do it.

The problem is that the iPhone 5 is 4G so *228 doesn't work on that phone or any other 4G device. It activates on its own once it registers to the network. My phone works and everything but I can't make account changes that involve my phone.

I've had that problem when I got my iPhone 5. It's a problem with their end. I had to have them switch my plan. Not sure what they did but all of it works from my end. I want to say they had to reset my account.

I've had that problem when I got my iPhone 5. It's a problem with their end. I had to have them switch my plan. Not sure what they did but all of it works from my end. I want to say they had to reset my account.

Yeah I think it's some sort of reset or they refresh the account. I work at a Verizon retailer but even this is beyond my systems at work.