What's new

How do I get a non Apple app to work in my iphone4?

jimk

Reaction score
Hi, Can you help me out by telling me how to get a ringtone (non Apple App) into my iphone 4? I awent to Purdue and would love to put our Fight Song ringtone I found online into my iphone. When I talked to Apple Care they didn't seem too interested since it wasn't one of their apps. Oh, ,,I searched the apps store for one and the only they they had was a melody of Boilermaker songs that would fill an album...smiley.
Any help you might be willing to share would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
JimK

jimk said:
Hi, Can you help me out by telling me how to get a ringtone (non Apple App) into my iphone 4? I awent to Purdue and would love to put our Fight Song ringtone I found online into my iphone. When I talked to Apple Care they didn't seem too interested since it wasn't one of their apps. Oh, ,,I searched the apps store for one and the only they they had was a melody of Boilermaker songs that would fill an album...smiley.
Any help you might be willing to share would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
JimK

If you have the audio file of the fight song. Convert it using a ringtone maker like Xilisoft. The format has to be m4r and when the files finishes converting drag the file into iTunes and then to your phone. Good luck

Hi its too easy to make iPhone ringtone if you have mp3 of the music which you want to make ring tone.
Steps
1- get the file on desktop .
2- go to control-panel to folder and file setting . Change setting to change file type name allowed.
3. Open the file with iTunes
4. Select the song in iTunes go to advance option on the top of iTunes and select creat Acc version .
5 . Find the Acc version file it would be m4a file.
Now just replace a from m4a to r it would ask permission so allow it . And get m4r file format .
6- click this m4r file and it would open with iTunes as a ring tone.
Just sync your phone select ringtones and get in to the in iPhone . Enjoy it
. Good luck .

One more thing the file shouldn't be longer than 40 seconds.