What's new

Moving Apps On iPhone 7 with iOS 11

billwill

Reaction score
I just upgraded to iOS 11 and now when I go to iTunes and want to move apps on the iPhone, I can't see them. Before upgrading, I could go to "Apps" in iTunes and use my MacBookPro's cursor to move Apps all over the place, including going to different pages. Now I can't see any Apps at all.

Evidently, now there's a "Apple Secret" I don't know. I will greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer me. Thank you in advance for your expertise.

The latest version of iTunes (12.7) doesn’t have the App Store any more. If you wish to organize your apps, you’ll have to do it on the iPhone itself.

The latest version of iTunes (12.7) doesn’t have the App Store any more. If you wish to organize your apps, you’ll have to do it on the iPhone itself.

But how can I do that? I have an app on the 3rd page that needs to be moved to page 1 but doing the "jiggle" with my finger doesn't work.

But how can I do that? I have an app on the 3rd page that needs to be moved to page 1 but doing the "jiggle" with my finger doesn't work.
You could move the app to the dock then go to the first page and move the app out of the dock to the location you want it in. I’ve done it this way and it works although it’s slower than doing it through iTunes was.

I have this problem with the Files app I downloaded directly to my iPhone. It won’t park in the dock. I have an iPhone 7+. ???

I have this problem with the Files app I downloaded directly to my iPhone. It won’t park in the dock. I have an iPhone 7+. ???
If there are already four apps in the dock (in portrait mode), you’ll have to remove one of them from there. It should be possible to park the app in the dock afterwards.

If there are already four apps in the dock (in portrait mode), you’ll have to remove one of them from there. It should be possible to park the app in the dock afterwards.

Actually, when I moved the apps into one of the folders in the dock, I could move them from there. Thanks!

Is there a new App Store app to replace it?

I’ve always dragged apps from screen to screen by rotating my finger, the one holding the app, slightly to push the app beyond the edge of the screen and onto the next. Took me several years before I stumbled across that method. Works for me every time.