What's new

Messed up my phone with torrentula please HELP!!!

kokoscy

Reaction score
Can anyone help me fix my iphone? please?
I got a jail-broken iphone 4 ios 4.1
Here´s what happened. I downloaded torrentula and tried it out on a 1080p documentary (6gb). While it started downloading I accidentally hit the exit on the top right corner and after returning to the app the download had stopped. So I started again the same tracker and it didn't work cos of an error.
After that the problems started...My phone is supposingly full of memory even though i had like 12gb free before. Itunes wont recognise the phone and wants to restore it, a thing which i dont like, and cydia is goin nuts!! 0_0
After a lot of struggle I managed to delete torrentula but with no success(through cydia). I deleted also the tracker and the part of the movie that was down, with ifile, but still nothing....
And now I got no songs on my "ipod" app, it crashes every time i try to run it and pictures are missing from the library even though i can find them when i ssh into the phone

Does anyone know anything that might help?! I mean the phone isnt full it just thinks its full...right?
I would be super thankful if anyone could help me do this without a restore!!!! :)

is there a folder where the part of the file you downloaded saves? maybe try delete that?

or maybe just let it restore the phone and you can easily restore to a backup re koko

Haha didnt expect to get an answer from a kypreo or from cy at least :p

Yea the files were saved in var/mobile/library/downloads which Ive deleted. The thing is that i havent really downloaded anything it just thinks its full for some reason.

I cant make a restore cos I dont have a back up...(a recent one) oh and Itunes cant read the iphone so cant back up anything (i can ssh into the phone though). I would do the restore if i had my back-up ready and maybe upgrade it 2.
Cheers!

I have cured my iphone!!! I dont know how or why its ok now but what I did is ive downloaded FILECOUNT from cydia and left it run for a few minutes in order to find out how much space there is and also to find out which file is the biggest one so that i can go and delete it. (which should be the torrent)
After that it was displaying the right amount of free space!

But it is still unreadable by itunes and so i cant back up!

At last am done!! I fixed the itunes problem aswell. I ssh in private/var/mobile/library/itunescontrol/itunes/ and deleted the itunesCDB and everything runs just like always :))

Good to see you got your phone back up and running.

Thanks for posting the solution up. It will help other users experiencing similar problems. I shall keep the iTunesCDB in mind. Could prove very useful...