What's new

I messed up my iphone 3gs ioS 5.1.1 pretty bad. now it doesnt start up, please help

taimur_3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have iphone 3gs iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken. I installed a software named Spite today which slowed down my iphone which I deleted later not making my phone get quicker again. After that I have messed up my phone so much badly by installing different programs and messing in itunes and iphone etc that my phone has stopped responding now. It doesn't switch on at all. When I try to hold the Power button and Home button, nothing happens. Upon connecting my iphone with the computer, the iTunes gives a message saying your phone is in recovery mode.

Please help me guys. I am badly stuck. I am a newbie so a detailed guidance would be highly appreciated :/

When you plug it into your computer, does the screen on the iPhone change or anything? Or is it a black screen with no lighting at all.

taimur_3 said:
Hello everyone,
I have iphone 3gs iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken. I installed a software named Spite today which slowed down my iphone which I deleted later not making my phone get quicker again. After that I have messed up my phone so much badly by installing different programs and messing in itunes and iphone etc that my phone has stopped responding now. It doesn't switch on at all. When I try to hold the Power button and Home button, nothing happens. Upon connecting my iphone with the computer, the iTunes gives a message saying your phone is in recovery mode.

Please help me guys. I am badly stuck. I am a newbie so a detailed guidance would be highly appreciated :/

What error do you get when you try to restore?

Download latest redsnow b3 version. Download official 5.1.1 ipsw, if you were on 5.1.1 and used cydia you have shsh. Go to the redsnow, extras/even more/ restore ipsw. Put everything on desktop in same folder. To get in DFU mode, you dont need program, be very precisely. Hold power + home button for 10 s(not 1 s more or less). Then release power button and hold home for another 10 sec. You will be in DFU mode, redsnow will ask u if you want to preserve baseband. Click YES, you can request shsh from cydia server if you dont have it on pc saved localy.

Thank you thank you .. thank you guys :)
Thankyou " Beast from the East" specially

My phone is back in working condition now :) Its all working fine now . . Did all the restore thing and am glad its working now :) Thank you everyone :D