What's new

Memory Cleaner / Manager

Green Halo

Reaction score
Hi I recently added a new app to my iPhone 4S. It is called "Cleaner" and is supposed to manage the cache and phone memory. The benifit is longer battery life. my question is does this app really work? When I open the app it tells me I have 479mb used memory and 25 mob free memory. I run "cleaner" and I have 275 mb used memory and 236 mb free memory. So far so good! after a few minutes I rerun the cleaner and I have 465 mb used memory and 39 mb free memory. Effectively back to where I was before I used the cleaner. Presumably whatever is using the memory needs to be running. so using "Cleaner" is actually increasing battery usage, very slightly, than not using it as the software has to reload after being removed. anyone out there got a view on this type of app?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM on the iOS. iOS is the opposite of almost every other OS out there, be it mobile or computer. The latter puts you in a situation where you want more RAM to be freed. The more RAM that's being used on iOS, the better. iOS has its own resource management protocols that frees up RAM when you need it rather than leaving it around.