What's new

Main screen display issue

lenjack

Reaction score
iPhone 6 latest update. Before update, the word "Utilities" was properly displayed. After the update, it now says "Levi Utilities". Everything works fine. Google was no help. Any ideas?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, lenjack!

Did you name one of your folders "Utilities"?

In case you haven't done so: reset your iPhone after updating. This won't remove data or change your settings, but it might help getting rid of some "hiccups" you'd experience otherwise.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

No, I have never renamed folders. I tried your suggestion, but it made no difference. Weird! Thanks for your prompt response. I could shave twice before getting a response on the "official" forum.

Well, have you tried renaming the folder? I have never experienced a folder name changing due to an update but am wondering if somehow you ended up with two different folders.

How do I check this, and how do I change it? Relatively minor issue, since the icon is correct and Utilities opens properly. Thanks...

Try this: first do a spotlight search of the word Utilities. Then do it with the words Levi's Utilities. Compare the results. If there really are two different folders you can move items to the correct folder by holding down on the folder icon until it wiggles. Then put your finger on the folder you want to move and drag it to the correct folder. Make sure of which folder you are moving things to. Apple's Utilities folder can not be deleted (no x is showing on the top left while it wiggles) so that's the one you want to keep.
To rename the free, similar action. Put your finger on the folder, keeping contact with the screen until the folder starts wiggling. Take your finger off the folder, now tap twice on the folder. You should now see a title bar above the folder box. Type in the name you want and press the home button.

You probably then only need to follow the second part of my above post

Just the second part. That worked. I'm grateful. How hell did this happen? When I did the update, I'm sure I didn't hit any extra buttons, keys, or icons. I knew it was a lost cause, when Goggle could find anything, with or without the quotes.

I'm thrilled I found this forum.

Sometimes things get pressed unintentionally but no harm done. You found the right group. These people all try to help.