What's new

Lte

tonyo1242

Reaction score
Does anyone know when there will be an update for the 5s to be able to operate under the LTE network?

Does anyone know when there will be an update for the 5s to be able to operate under the LTE network?
the iPhone 5 and 5S are both capable of operating in the LTE bands. Maybe your carrier doesn't have LTE service where you live.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I live in the Bahamas. Btc is my carrier. They are offering the lte now to Samsung and some other phones, but they are saying that apple won't have an update for the 5,5c and 5s until march, and that is when the iPhones will be able to operate under LTE network!

I live in the Bahamas. Btc is my carrier. They are offering the lte now to Samsung and some other phones, but they are saying that apple won't have an update for the 5,5c and 5s until march, and that is when the iPhones will be able to operate under LTE network!
The person who you talked to doesn't know what they're talking about. The phones are capable of LTE right now. The problem is with your carrier, not the phones. It looks like they're not prepared to offer LTE to iPhones until March.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Thank u, I will go into the office and have a talk with them tomorrow

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391007581.406721.jpg
LTE at your service. Verizon Gold 5s