What's new

5s Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no such thing as a software unlock for the iPhone 5. Software unlocks only work on the 3G, 3GS and a handful of remaining iPhone 4's which still have the 01.59.00 baseband

That isn't true. From what apple told me when I bought my 5s is that they are all unlocked until you put in the carrier sim, then it lacks to that carrier. In my case, I bought it unlocked from apple and when I put in my sim, something it downloaded told it to remain unlocked.

That isn't true. From what apple told me when I bought my 5s is that they are all unlocked until you put in the carrier sim, then it lacks to that carrier. In my case, I bought it unlocked from apple and when I put in my sim, something it downloaded told it to remain unlocked.
Placing a carrier SIM card into your iPhone does not lock that phone to the carrier. A factory unlocked iPhone remains unlocked no matter what SIM card is inserted. A carrier locked iPhone is locked to a particular carrier at the factory, before a SIM card is ever inserted. willerz2 is perfectly correct in his post.

There is such. Thing as a software unlock for the iphone 5s as there is for any other iPhones I didn't not try the iphone 5s software unlock as yet cause it's not available as yet but it will be you can easily look ok eBay and buy it when it becomes available your best bet is to wait a couple weeks or month

Go for a factory unlock. If you are unsure if it is locked or unlocked (I mean SIMLock), PM me your IMEI and I will check that. I have an option to check that.

Do u work at the corperit store or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new iphone 5s from japan,model A1453.that's problem will i'l back this my country (malaysian) cannot used this iphone,Maybe unlock sim..pls help?

Please do not hijack other member's threads. Since the OP appears to have resolved his issue, and this thread has gone off track, it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.