What's new

Looking to the future

dave307

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 6 working well as you all know we do nearly everything on our phones.
Last night I was asked a question what would I do if my phone broke down, That was a good question so I asked the same question to that person his reply was that he has a spare iPhone just incase of any problems.
Does that sound a good idea yes/No.
Does Apple sell Refurb iPhones?
Thanks.
David

I have a iPhone 6 working well as you all know we do nearly everything on our phones.
Last night I was asked a question what would I do if my phone broke down, That was a good question so I asked the same question to that person his reply was that he has a spare iPhone just incase of any problems.
Does that sound a good idea yes/No.
Does Apple sell Refurb iPhones?
Thanks.
David

I think it is a very smart idea to keep a back up phone handy in the event something were to happen to your current device. This is something I have always done, and while thankfully I’ve never had anything come up, it’s just nice having that peace of mind.

My day to day phone at the moment is a trusty old iPhone SE, but I will soon be ordering an XR. I have also kept my old iPhone 5C.

What I like to do at the ‘mo is to set up a hotspot on the SE whilst it’s connected to Google maps on Carplay, and use the 5C with the hotspot to run my separate traffic camera app CamerAlert.

I will probably retire the 5C when I get my XR, and continue with the SE as backup and to run the traffic cam app.

I agree it’s always nice to have a spare to fall back on.

Usually keep my old phone as back up. For example, if I go and buy an Xs tomorrow, I'd keep my current 7+ as my backup, retiring my old 5 as my backup. My 6+ was the only time I didn't do that, and only because BestBuy gave me a trade in deal too good to pass up.

I've had to use a backup a couple of times, I am using an older 7 Plus I had to put my 8 Plus' SIM into right now. Always a good idea if you need to have a phone. In my case I had to use a new enough phone to restore from my 8's backup and uses the correct sized SIM.

I always roll 2 phones deep.

My business phone is an iPhone XS Max and my pleasure phone is an iPhone 7 Plus. They both back eachother up.

In reality, it comes down to finances. Having two (kinda new phones) isn't for someone living paycheck to paycheck. If you can afford it, great otherwise, just have one solid phone and deal with a breakdown when it actually happens.

I personally think that a iPhone should not break down for most people if y’all take good care of it. For me my iPhone 6 is my only iPhone. I had just a simple tracphone to start with.

A good case will thwart most bad occurrences to phones. Other than a battery issue or similar. But a broken phone these days shouldn’t be an issue with as many good phone cases as there are out. And if you don’t want to put a case on it then it’s your own risk as to if something happens to it!!

I don’t think anyone will want his iPhone to break down it mostly cos by mistake