What's new

Keyboard problem

taat2d

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the boards. I'm having a strange issue with my 2 day old iPhone 6, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Intermittently, while I'm texting with the phone in landscape orientation certain letters, so far the T, R, G, H & J, don't work when pressed. If I turn the phone back up and down, the letters work. If I go back to landscape they don't work.

I brought it back to where I bought the phone. One of the guys working the floor did a hard reboot and then told me it was fixed. He also tried to blame it on a software problem. He said it was happening because the phone wasn't updated to 8.02, but it came with that IOS. Needless to say, it's still happening. I can't see how this could be a software problem. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everyone I'm new to the boards. I'm having a strange issue with my 2 day old iPhone 6, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Intermittently, while I'm texting with the phone in landscape orientation certain letters, so far the T, R, G, H & J, don't work when pressed. If I turn the phone back up and down, the letters work. If I go back to landscape they don't work.

I brought it back to where I bought the phone. One of the guys working the floor did a hard reboot and then told me it was fixed. He also tried to blame it on a software problem. He said it was happening because the phone wasn't updated to 8.02, but it came with that IOS. Needless to say, it's still happening. I can't see how this could be a software problem. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance for any help.
There's still a few iOS 8.0.2 bugs. That could be one. Your AppleCare is good for a year. If the issue isn't fixed soon in updates, you might return it for another phone. The iOS 8.1 beta is out, so maybe when that is released it will fix your problem.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5