Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreaking' started by f4780y, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Brian87

Brian87 New Member

cdev has not came with an update of their absinthe jailbreak as a solution for iOS 6 beta versions, i think they are waiting for the public iOS release, may be along with the next generation iPhone. Hope they can soon update it once Apple rolled out iOS 6 original, anyway i'm waiting for it.

2. dawidbrook

dawidbrook New Member

The best tools used for Jailbreaking are Absinthe and Redsn0w as they are very easy to use and Jailbreaking is too easy to do. These software are free of cost and saves a lot of our money.

3. britpoper

britpoper New Member

Hi All.

I follow the instruction on readme file from absinthe2.0.4 package and the guide here to Jailbreak my iPhone 4S.
    The problem is after I extract the zip folder and getting into the created folder, I can't run absinthe.exe.
    I always get the following error message : "YOU MUST RUN THIS APP AS ADMINISTRATOR"

Strange, my account is Administrator. The I try with "RIGHT CLICK" and choose "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" but I still get the same error message.
    So, I continue with my usual troubleshooting when problems like the appear, I set the compatibility properties for Absinthe.exe to “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)” and “Run this program as an administrator”. But when I retry opening Absinthe, it still got the same error message. I even try with all my firewall and Antivirus disabled/turned off, but I still can't run Absinthe.
    With all combination possible it just can't running. I use Windows Vista SP2.

I know the easy solution is trying with another laptop/PC, but it's just irritate me that Absinthe won't run on my laptop. Not to mention, I kind of reluctant borrowing other laptop/PC for jailbreaking purpose.
    Did anyone ever had the same problem with me?? And how to resolve it??

4. zig9449

zig9449 New Member

You shouldn't have to do anything.

Absinthe.exe is already set at Administrator privileges when it's extracted.

Try using the better version of the Absinthe jailbreak. Use redsn0w instead. It is better. Get redsn0w from here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Forget the instructions for a second.

Follow these ones exactly.

) download the 5.1.1 iPSW(http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=firmware). Save it to your desktop.

) DFU restore to the 5.1.1 iPSW by shift+restoring to it.

) once restore finishes DO NOT restore from a backup. Not an iTunes or iCloud backup..*setup as new device*.

) after restore; first..on your iPhone...follow the initial on screen setup. Follow the setup until you get access to the SpringBoard....once you get to the SpringBoard...don't do anything...don't add any emails, open any apps..don't do anything.

) now in iTunes...type in name and whatever...make sure "Automatically Sync Apps" is *unchecked* and click Next.

) then be sure to NOT Restore from a backup and choose setup as new iPhone...Click Continue.

) let iTunes sync with the iPhone..download Safari Safe Browsing Data and whatever.

) once iTunes finishes the first initial sync...don't do anything else except close iTunes.

Now open redsn0w.exe(just a simple double click), click "Jailbreak" and choose "Yes". Let the jailbreak finish.

When redsnow finished the jailbreak...unlock the device...wait for Cydia to appear...once it appears...don't touch anything...just wait for the SpringBoard to restart. Once the SpringBoard restarts...your phone has been successfully jailbroken.

I left out the "Erase All Content and Settings" step for a reason btw.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. britpoper

britpoper New Member

Many thanks for the reply zig :)
    For the sake of needing this phone for work I'll try your suggestion on this weekend and update here whether it's succeed or not.

Edit : I can't wait till weekend and tried just now, it's work using redsn0w. Thanks for the help. Now I'm freeeeeee :))

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. zig9449

zig9449 New Member

Welcome.

7. Crxx

Crxx Member

Nice.....

8. rusty11

rusty11 New Member

Can anyone help iv tried to jailbreak my iphone 3g on 4.2.1 its unlocked, firmware is 05.15.04 iv tried greenpois0n put my phone in dfu mode but it never recognized that it was in this mode and kept asking to try again, I have also tried several redsn0w versions and always get to the final stage when all I need is for my phone to reboot but my phone never does, can anyone help or give advice please.

9. peterpan1310

peterpan1310 New Member

Owners of CDMA (Verizon) iPhone4's should read the update relating to redsn0w in the first post. Looks like you are out of luck for a working jailbreak for the time being.

10. Darkstar2007

Darkstar2007 Administrator Staff Member

Updated OP to reflect the evasi0n jailbreak..

11. Gregoris

Gregoris Administrator Staff Member

4.1.1 jailbreak did not take long for the 4S but it looks like apple did not even care about it (for now) I really thought 4.1.1 would be for all devices and patch the jailbreak..

12. Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi Well-Known Member

6.1.1? :p

13. Gregoris

Gregoris Administrator Staff Member

lmao.. yeah that too ;p

14. volkan19831122

volkan19831122 New Member

good job

15. Enferno

Enferno New Member

How do i jail break iPhone 4s running IOS 7.0.4?