What's new

Jailbreaking iphone 4

Kelz

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum/hitech Jailbreaking thing and I would like to get instructions on jailbreaking my iPhone 4 that has version 4.3.5 (8L1). I am interested mainly in being able use my iPhone 4 Internet connection to run my ipad 2 when I am away from wifi connections.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Kelz.

You only have the option of a tethered jailbreak at the moment. You can find out what that means and get full details of the method here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

Once you are jailbroken you want to look into TetherMe or MyWi, both of which enable tethering on your phone so that your iPad can share the 3G connection. Note - this kind of tethering is nothing to do with your jailbreak being "tethered". They just so happen to share the same word to describe them! :)

Hope that helps.

Does jail braking an iPod touch 4th gen 8 gig use up lots of memory? If yes how can I get memory back without having to delete lots of things or a way to remove cydia but able to reinstall another time

vamp131 said:
Does jail braking an iPod touch 4th gen 8 gig use up lots of memory? If yes how can I get memory back without having to delete lots of things or a way to remove cydia but able to reinstall another time

It uses up 4.2gb

Jailbreaking uses no memory, the apps you download will use memory while you are running them, but jailbreaking itself does not use any memory. If you mean storage space(not the same thing as memory) it's not much, probably around 10mb or so.

Last edited:
Jmills87 said:
Jailbreaking uses no memory, the apps you download will use memory, but jailbreaking itself does not use any memory.

Wheres the proof

The proof is that your memory is not used up when you aren't running anything.... The same holds true on any kind of computer.

Jmills87 said:
The proof is that your memory is not used up when you aren't running anything.... The same holds true on any kind of computer.

Thread closed.