What's new

Jailbreak

fletch92

Reaction score
Hey.
Was just wondering if anyone can give me any info or instructions about jail-breaking my iphone 3gs??

Many thanks

Hi fletch... as long as you're not relying on an Unlock to use your 3GS on a different network, go ahead and update to 5.0.1 via iTunes then Jailbreak via redsn0w v.9.10b5.

No im not unlocking it just jailbreaking.
Thank you for that bud :)

hi i am interested in jail breaking and unlocking my phone. do i have to use a paid sight or are there instructions here or elsewhere. thanks any info appreciated, hp

homephysician said:
hi i am interested in jail breaking and unlocking my phone. do i have to use a paid sight or are there instructions here or elsewhere. thanks any info appreciated, hp

PM sent..

Hi thanks for quick response. Its a 3gs / version 5.0.1(9A405)/ model MC64OLL/ firmware05.16.05/ serial#87105WJLEDG. I am looking at the redsnow method am I heading in the right direction? This is my first iPhone, I have android devices and have rooted (jail broke) them and I feel comfortable in doing the iphone. Just got it today. Thanks for any and all help.hp

Hey just want to send out a big thank you to Thomas for holding my hand while I learn iphonage jail breakery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using iPhone Forums

homephysician said:
Hey just want to send out a big thank you to Thomas for holding my hand while I learn iphonage jail breakery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using iPhone Forums

Very welcome sir... that's what we're here for!! :)

Could you send me a PM with the same information? I don't know anything about the 5.0.1 jailbreak. I have jailbroken in the past.. Thanks!

I'm a new apple/iPhone user as well. Would like to jail break my iPhone. I have no clue what to do or how to do it. Can someone help me out plz. Thanks. Oh, by the way I have the IPhone 4. I appreciate the help.

Kenny_G said:
I'm a new apple/iPhone user as well. Would like to jail break my iPhone. I have no clue what to do or how to do it. Can someone help me out plz. Thanks. Oh, by the way I have the IPhone 4. I appreciate the help.

What iOS are you on? We need to know what device and what iOS your on first thing. The iOS is more important tho.

Then you need to get redsn0w 0.9.10b6 ONLY.

Extract the .zip to your deskyop, open the redsn0w folder............

Drag the redsn0w.exe to your desktop

right click on it,

click run as administrator

Plug in device (if not already plugged in)

Click the jailbreak button

Enter DFU mode: (shut off device completely: once powered down, press the power/sleep button for 3 seconds, when you get to 3, press and hold the home button (while still holding power button simultaniously) for 10 more seconds: When you get to 10, let go of the sleep/power button but keep holding the home button for an adddtional 15 seconds).

Wait for the process to finish.

Once its rebooted you have to boot tethered.

Go back to redsn0w's first page.

Click "Extras"

Now enter DFU mode again

Once in DFU mode, click the "Just boot" button. wait for device to reboot.

Open Cydia and don't do anything til it completely loads. (I recommend you turn Auto-Lock to Never before opening Cydia, so your device does not lock and stop it from loading)

Once Cydia is loaded you will be able to install stuff.

Good luck.

Last edited: