What's new

JailBreak question

tankie_sean

Reaction score
Is it possible to Jailbreak a iPhone 3G on 4.0.2 on BB 05.13.04, i ask this as a friend of mine has been waiting out on that iOS, as he wanted a unteathered jailbreak.

He has tried the jailbreakme but it wont allow him, have heard that on this iOS it can go into a loop.

So could anyone advise me on how i could help him out?

Greenpoision or limerain for 4.0.2. 3G will jailbreak on 4.2.1 untethered with redsnow...

I know a pain but as I am totally new at this do you have a tutorial or links on how to do it?

If you want to jailbreak 4.0.2 just download greenpoison from here. Its self explanatory.

If you want to jailbreak 4.2.1 upgrade in iTunes then follow the thread here. It's just the same for a 3G only it will be untethered...

I was worried about him updating as he didnt want to be tethered in 4.2.1

Hey Gaz
Well i have tried to Jailbreak using the current upto date Greenpois0n, as you said is self explaniatry, each time i try it, i go through the instructions it goes to DFU mode, then i click on Jailbreak it runs through and the green bar runs, then says jailbreak failed!
Any ideas????
i am going to try update his phone to 4.2.1 tonight as i couldnt find any 4.0.2 ispw files then use Redsn0w and see if that will work but i will wait out on a answer here first.
many thanks in advance

OK guess i have messed up, well i couldnt get Greenpoisi0n to work so my mate said he would update it to iOS 4.2.1 so i can use Redsn0w, well he did this and i used Redsn0w and it worked,
But i guess i messed up as it is now bloomin TEATHERED, guess i should have read up a little bit more and waited and i could have tried limera1n, is now added to my folder

Guess we both have to wait for the unteathered option now.

moral of the story is read, read and then read some more then commit lol

As his is a 3GS am guessing will only work on that. Will it loose some functions such as blue tooth or is that only on iPhone 4?

not sure about that but my iphone 4 lost blue tooth but i dont care about it anyway because i never use blue tooth

ok stupid question time now,

once a iphone is jailbroken can it sync'd with itunes or does it restore only till JB is taken off? as mine wont allow me to see what is on my iphone apps, pics , music etc

Think I had cable or pc issue as working fine now. But for some reason I lost all my music