What's new

Every app and change made on Jailbroken VZN iPhone 4 over last week vanished????

budsinthesun

Reaction score
CMDA iPhone 4 iOS4.2.10 jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.8b7a.

I did a jailbreak on this phone for a friend about a week ago. He said that just randomly when he picked it up, every app downloaded or any change made has reverted back to how the phone was when I gave it to him after the jailbreak. He did not sync it nor has he downloaded anything from cydia or made any winterboard changes as I asked him to stay away from the two until he knows whats going on. He has downloaded quite a few apps from *moderated*. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. I have done several jailbreaks for different friends all on the same version of iOS and using the same version of redsn0w. I set up everyone the same way with the exception of the theme. This is the first time this has happened to any of them.. Does anyone have any ideas of answers as to what happened?? I really don't want it to happen to him again..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we won't help you with piracy. That's out the box. If you're friend says the phone reverted back to the settings after you jailbroke it, I'm pretty sure he restored it. 4.2.10 only offers a tethered jailbreak so he probably got stuck at the boot logo and accidentally restored.

Last edited:
Well we won't help you with piracy. That's out the box. If you're friend says the phone reverted back to the settings after you jailbroke it, I'm pretty sure he restored it. 4.2.10 only offers a tethered jailbreak so he probably got stuck at the boot logo and accidentally restored.

+1...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is, this happened while he was sitting at the bar, he set it down, picked it up a few minutes later and this is when he noticed the change. It is still jailbroken, he did not restore it.. to be honest he does not know how to.

That's why it's good to not install pirate apps on iPhone, you could have even damage the hardware of your friend iPhone just buy installing not legitimate apps or tweaks on it. I'm forced to believe now that there are corrupted files and probably virus installed on your friend iPhone, else I can't explain how the system will auto change the setup by it's own. Only viruses do that kind of thing, and viruses are plenty in pirates apps ready to destroy not only the software but also the hardware on iPhone. If you love your friend then don't get pirate stuff on his phone. Buy what you need from the app store or from cydia if they are shareware, if you don't have credit card to link to your friend app store account, then buy a gift card and redeem it and you are good to go, apps in the AppStore cost nothing, 90% of them are less than $1 and the devs who made them worked hard for you to have it. Nothing is for free l, remember that, those pirating apps will do it, I can't control them, but they are making sure that they load additional codes in the apps they are pirating on a way either to bust your iPhone or either to get whatever info they need from your phone. Now go take your friend iPhone and remove every pirated apps/tweaks from it, purchase the legit ones and you or your friend will be glad to own those apps for life.