What's new

Itunes

kpinks

Reaction score
Why am I sometimes getting the message "Cannot connect to Itunes"?
Thx
Kev

Errors either on the iDevice, or on your computer, or with the USB cable.

If I try to use the itunes icon on my Iphone4 it reads "cannot connect to itunes", if I use the app store icon it says the same. I cannot view anything in the store and will not go to my itunes account. I have it on my computer. I have updated it also. I have only had this phone a few months I have purchased songs and apps before with no problem using my phone. At some point it stopped working. Now it carries me to a page that I am suppose to download itunes because it says I dont have it on my phone. I have made no changes to my phone or account, so I am wondering why it no longer works and prevents me from using itunes or the app store. The ipod part of the phone works fine and everything else I have checked.

You can go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/
After that you will have to manually enable all settings again, your iTunes on your phone will then work, same to your app store on your phone. Just make sure that you have good Internet connection.

didn't resolve the problem, still the same thing. No Itunes, no app store connections, tried with wifi and with cellular setting also. It continues to send me to a page to get Itunes installed.

I dont understand why your getting directed to download itunes to your phone. It should be installed by default. Whats the exact message our getting...?

That's what the people at AT&T and Apple said when I called them. Apple customer service decided after a test with a few setting checks that it may be the sim card because it seemed to be a connection issue. They sent me to AT&T to change out the sim card and if need be for me to expect to restore it for a last ditch effort before suggesting the phone be replaced. I got them to put in a new sim card and there was no change. I then went through the restore process with it connected to my computer and afterwards the itunes and apps began working as they should but I lost all my music and ringtones I created and installed. Maybe another syncing will put those back on since they are on my computer. I didn't want to leave the thread hanging, so in the end it took restoring.