What's new

Itunes in a mess

Jonregester

Reaction score
Is there a way of removing duplicate entries in my music library I have googled and can find loads of apps that promise to do this but I am nervous about using them for fear of losing songs.
I also have at least 60 - 70 songs that itunes doesn't recognise despite them being well known is there a way to sort that out ?
Many thanks in advance for any help and a happy new year to everyone !

Isnt it just a case of clicking a song and hitting the delete button? Or do you just mean actually delete it off your iphone? If so then it just a case of clicking your device on the left column selecting music then deleteing the files you dont want. As for itunes recognising the music.. It will only recognise music bought through itunes itself i think.. If you want to change title, artist album artwork etc you have to do it manually by right clicking on the track and selecting 'get info'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ditched iTunes long time ago, I now use Tipard iPhone Transfer, All my issues with iTunes are now gone.

If your worried about loosing songs delete the duplicates manually. Sort them by song name in iTunes to make it easier.

For the ones iTunes doesn't recognise try removing them from your library then adding them in again. If that still doesn't work converting them to mp3 (even if they already are) will solve it...