What's new

Where Can I Get Help with iTunes?

LeeB

Reaction score
I have a 5s and wife has a SC..... I have tried and tried to understand and use iTunes and find it VERY confusing and in no way use friendly. I have used it in the past and even have a $balance that I used to buy a couple songs but I have no idea how I did it (just lucky I guess)..
Anyway I want to use itunes to add some of my own CD's and maybe buy a few songs in the future. But I'll be darned if I can figure out how to add songs AND REMOVE SONGS. I have googled and got the same answer in several places saying to right click on the song a delete it (simple huh) but when I do as told and right click the menu that drops down does not me the option to delete. To be honest I do not remember what it said. I tried several times and deleted itunes off my computer thinking that something did not load right..

Is there a place I can go that gives step by step (with pictures would be nice) on how to work itunes??? I don't want to join any clubs or anything like that I just want to be able to add and delete songs on my phone...I don't want to save any settings or pictures or anything like that just SONGS.... I'll use iCloud for Contacts and Calendar but that's a whole another posting........

Thanks LeeB.......... in case it makes a difference I am in the United States......

iTunes is a bit daunting since it attempts to be so much. It started off as a simple music player and grew into a many headed monster, but once you get your head around it, it's quite useable. Pretty well everyone who contributes here uses it, so we should be able to answer all of your questions without sending you off on a google search.

It would be useful to know which computer you are using, because it can make a difference. So, could you let us know? Windows or Mac (including version). Any screenshots I provide will come from my Mac.

Many of us here are quite fossilized, so don't worry about your age. I assure you that it's no bar to understanding.

Go to the library and take a look at a book called IPod & Itunes for Dummies. Seriously, very basic instruction level, easy to follow or understand. When I got my first iPhone, I used it as a primer and it gave me some confidence. It covers transferring music from a CD to ITunes to your IPhone.

I have a 5s and wife has a SC..... I have tried and tried to understand and use iTunes and find it VERY confusing and in no way use friendly. I have used it in the past and even have a $balance that I used to buy a couple songs but I have no idea how I did it (just lucky I guess)..
Anyway I want to use itunes to add some of my own CD's and maybe buy a few songs in the future. But I'll be darned if I can figure out how to add songs AND REMOVE SONGS. I have googled and got the same answer in several places saying to right click on the song a delete it (simple huh) but when I do as told and right click the menu that drops down does not me the option to delete. To be honest I do not remember what it said. I tried several times and deleted itunes off my computer thinking that something did not load right..

Is there a place I can go that gives step by step (with pictures would be nice) on how to work itunes??? I don't want to join any clubs or anything like that I just want to be able to add and delete songs on my phone...I don't want to save any settings or pictures or anything like that just SONGS.... I'll use iCloud for Contacts and Calendar but that's a whole another posting........

Thanks LeeB.......... in case it makes a difference I am in the United States......

I sympathise only been using it 4 years and it's a pain last time it worked no idea why. I keen and watching here also.

Look up Apple Store close to you, make appt and go see. 30 min with one of those people is like 5 years of hunting and trail and error. Best time spent when it comes to Apple products.