What's new

iPod, then iPhone user for years..

Sherri

Reaction score
Hi we have a iPod 3rd generation, classic and a iPhone in our home. I counldnt live without my iPhone. :). My latest question is about the iMessage. I live in Canada and my girlfriend is in the states right now and I'd like to know if the
iMessages will be free, since it costs us to text each other by normal text otherwise.?
Also I lost all my calendar info when I did the news update even after I backed up my iPhone. Is there any way I can retrieve this info now.. That was three years of info on there..
Thanks

The iMessage will be free, provide that you are sending the message either while on wifi, or on 3G, same to you gf. incase you are not having wifi or 3g connected to you iPhone, then the message will still go out as an sms. You can also to settings> Message and turn off "send as sms" but this will literally prevent you to send out sms to anyone who's not having iMessage.
About your calendar, did you use one of your mail account calendar? if yes you can first set up your email on your iPhone and then enable the email calendar in the email account setting. If you have never use any of your email account calendar, then i'm not sure if you can get your calendar back since the only place where you were having it was in your iPhone's calendar. Now one thing that you didn't mention in your post up there was if you have restored the backup you did before upgrading your phone, if you haven't restore that backup, then do it, and you calendar will be back into your phone. Good luck.

Thank you ☺ I have not done this, didnt know about it, so i will give it a retry. If I have problems finding this I will be back..😄

Good to know that you are back on track now with your iPhone and stuff, enjoy it :)