What's new

Imessage Not working

barker25

Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend both have IPhone 4s' and for some reason out of the blue IMessage Isnt working, I can Imessage my other friends perfectly fine and so can she but but for some reason we can only send texts and I'd rather use IMessage because she has terrible service where she lives, please help

Perhaps the "terrible service" is what's causing iMessage to not work. iMessage uses your cellular data or wifi internet to send from iDevice to iDevice. If you're not connected to wifi and have a poor cell signal, then iMessages will fail and be sent as regular SMS or MMS.

Do you need to have a sin card inserted to have iMessage working?
Because I dont have a sim in my iPhone 4 (waiting for a gevey sim) and its refusing to work..

Do you need to have a sin card inserted to have iMessage working?
Because I dont have a sim in my iPhone 4 (waiting for a gevey sim) and its refusing to work..
it would seem it is possible to iMessage without a sim card....unless Apple have changed that.

Poisonivy said:
it would seem it is possible to iMessage without a sim card....unless Apple have changed that.

If Wi-Fi is on it will send iMessage if it is linked to the Apple ID not the phone number. At least it did on my other phone.

If Wi-Fi is on it will send iMessage if it is linked to the Apple ID not the phone number. At least it did on my other phone.
+1... once your iPhone is activated you can send iMessages over WiFi w/ no cell service... or even without the SIM card in the phone.

ebrahim_yusuf said:
Thing is, when I push the iMessage toggle on, it straight away goes off :/
Like instantaneously goes off..

Does just your phone number show next to Receive at? If your Apple ID is there as well it should stay on.