What's new

iphone wont restore

simon.monckton

Reaction score
My iphone tried to update the operating system, long download then connected to my iphone and after some time gave an error, and told me to restore. Now restore wont work and i have a very expensive paper weight help!

iPhone 4, 3GS? Any error codes? We're you jailbroken or unlocked previously...

I can't update my iphone 4 either yes I am jailbroken but I was able to update to 4.3.1 when that cane out. now i get an error in itunes.attached image too

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 4.45.27 PM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 4.45.27 PM.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
Ok I will try anti-virus software but I know I don't have firewall on

im on a mac and i have the latest itunes as well but it still didnt work

im on a mac and i have the latest itunes as well but it still didnt work

Did iTunes already download the ipsw into the computer? Or it can't even get to start the downloading of the ipsw? Is the any error code iTunes giving?

no error code just the image i posted is what showed up and i have the software downloaded already

What is the version of iOS you want to upgrade to? It seems like you are not having Internet or your iTunes can not connect to Internet, are you able to get to the app store on that iTunes on your computer?

no error code but the image i posted with the error message is the only thing that shows and yes itunes downloaded the ipsw file

Whatever it is, it seems like iTunes can't get to Internet to sign the ipsw shsh. You might want to reboot your computer see if that helps.

Thanks to everyone who helped. My phone was restored then restored from a back up i didnt know i had and then synced and life is good again. Once again thanks
Simon