What's new

iPhone 3Gs in Recovery mode and wont restore

n8te455

Reaction score
Ok so i was on 4.3.2 jailbroken but everytime i tried to connect my iphone to the computer is just never read my iphone when i wanted to sync music. But it told me i had to restore and update . so today i decided to restore it since i found a jailbreak for 4.3.4 but now im stuck in recovery mode and keep getting errors like (3194) and unkown error(9) could anyone please help​

To pass that error 3194 while upgrading to iOS 4.3.4, close tinyUmbrella if you are using it, close iTunes and disconnect your phone from your computer, then go to:
1. C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove all the lines that says Ags.apple.com

4. Reboot your computer, and plug your phone to your computer, iTunes should auto open and detect your phone in recovery mode, if it doesn't auto open, then double click on the iTunes icon and open it your self. Clean upgrade the iOS to 4.3.4 make sure you don't run any jailbreak tools or TinyUmbrella during the upgrading proccess.