What's new

iPhone Data / phone issues - one works great other not so much

JoshFink

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for some troubleshooting. My wife has an iPhone 3gs and I have an iPhone 4. We're at a baseball game and she always gets wonderful service with fast data and everything works great.

This is not a one time thing either. It's always like this there.

We're both on AT&T

Any ideas?

We've had this at other places as well but this is something I can reliably reproduce.

Thanks

Josh

Last edited:
JoshFink said:
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for some troubleshooting. My wife has an iPhone 3gs and I have an iPhone 4. We're at a baseball game and she always gets wonderful service with fast data and everything works great.

This is not a one time thing either. It's always like this there.

Any ideas?

We've had this at other places as well but this is something I can reliably reproduce.

Thanks

Josh

What service provider are you with?

JoshFink said:
Sorry.. AT&T.. I'll update the thread

Oh it was alright. It would've been either Verizon or AT&T. Lol. Anyways. AT&T doesn't offer the best coverage in all areas. Try updating your prl (*228 option 2)..another thing is the "antennagate" issue. I don't know if it's still an issue with the AT&T iPhone but try to keep your hands away from the bottom left issue. You can easily fix this with a case.

JoshFink said:
Sorry.. AT&T.. I'll update the thread

Oh it was alright. It would've been either Verizon or AT&T. Lol. Anyways. AT&T doesn't offer the best coverage in all areas. Try updating your prl (*228 option 2)..another thing is the "antennagate" issue. I don't know if it's still an issue with the AT&T iPhone but try to keep your hands away from the bottom left issue. You can easily fix this with a case.

Thanks for the reply... I wish it was as easy as "antennagate". I do have a case on the phone. Also, we both have AT&T so I assume if she has great coverage I should have some coverage, right? In fact, mine shows 5 bars and has an IP, just nothing works.

I'll try the PRL update. Who knows?

Josh

Are you sure it's *228? It doesn't seem to work

JoshFink said:
Any other ideas?

I'm stomped. Gsm doesn't need to update like CDMA phones. Gsm phones automatically updates the prl whenever the user switches locations.the only thing I could suggest is to reset the phone or talk to your carrier about this.

Last edited:
I'm thinking more and more it might be the phone. Time to get a replacement maybe