What's new

iPhone 6S Users Are Reporting Random Shutdowns

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6s-rose-gold.jpeg

Uh oh. It looks like some iPhone 6S users are experiencing a strange bug which could be related to iOS 9. Supposedly, a non-zero number of folks who now own the iPhone 6S are experiencing random shutdowns of the phone, even with plenty of battery life left.

The problems aren't isolated either. Reports of this problem have popped up on Reddit, MacRumors and even Apple Support pages. For now, it is a problem that is hard to replicate or track down. The only clue support folks at Apple might have is that some iPhone 6 owners have experienced the same thing after upgraded to iOS 9. This suggests the problem is software related and can be fixed within the new Apple OS.

Let's cross our fingers it isn't a hardware issue and Apple can nail it down quickly.

Source: MacRumors

I have my 6S + 128 for a week now and the only time I restarted the phone was to update to 6.02. The phone has been completely stable.

I have a 6s. Got it just a couple of days after release day. I have had two random shutdowns. It of course came with iOS 9 pre-installed. It has been updated to 9.02. Have had one shutdown since installing 9.02.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk