What's new

Some iPhone 6s/6s Plus Users Report Issues with 3D Touch, Home Button and Network Acces

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone 6s problems.jpg

The new iPhones are already available for almost a week, and some iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus customers are already facing various problems with the device. According to various online reports, the issues range from overheating Touch ID buttons to random power-offs, significant audio distortion, and 3D Touch glitches.
  • Touch ID - some users of the iPhone 6s have reported that their Home buttons/Touch ID scanners are becoming “really hot” to the touch. This can be fixed by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 10 seconds to reset the phone
  • Power - some iPhone 6s users say that their devices are randomly powering off despite still having battery power. Turn them on again by holding down the Sleep/Wake buttons.
  • Speakers - a few iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users have been reporting significant audio distortion through the devices’ speakers, including “super loud” notification sounds that mimic the speaker being blown.
  • 3D Touch - iPhone 6s, 6s Plus owners report 3D Touch software-related bugs, including a refusal of Safari to open web links using regular (non-deep) taps. A potential fix is resetting the device
As usual, Apple takes care of these issues by releasing a new software version. But if the problem is hardware-related, then maybe you should have your iPhone replaced. Have you had any problems so far? Leave your comment below and let us know.

Source: 9to5Mac

I haven't had any issues so far.

Remember that with your new iPhone comes 90 days of free phone support so if none of the above fixes help then give Apple a ring.

My iPhone 6s has a couple of issues:
1. Although enabled in settings, Siri will not "wake" when prompted on a blank screen. I know it can be done - I've seen a video demonstrating it. Also, once activated by either thumb or voice (once the home screen is visible), Siri does not chime to "respond" to the prompt. She simply starts oscillating the colored wave at the bottom of the screen, waiting for you to say something. This isn't how it's supposed to work! I've tried a hard reset and no luck.

2. When looking at the received calls screen, there should be an edit button in the top right corner to use if desired. It isn't there. It will only show up if I hit "missed" calls and the toggle back. Seems to be an iOS problem...but given the issues with Siri, I'm wondering if the phone is defective.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk