What's new

iPhone 6s stuck after reset

Paul60

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think my iPhone 6s might be toast.

I noticed that my Bluetooth wasn't working too well so I did a reset. Not a full reset, just the one that resets the data/Bluetooth/wifi etc. Forget what its called.

Now it won't run. It gets to the password screen, but it is kind of washed out and the screen doesn't respond.

The same thing happened when I updated the phone to iOS 11 but I somehow got it working again after holding the home & off buttons a few times.

This time, looks like I'm in trouble.

Any ideas please ?

Hold home and power button until phone tells you to plug it into a computer or to plug into iTunes on a computer. That or even stick it on charge. Might break the hiccup you are experiencing. If none of the above work, it may be time for an appointment with Apple Store or time for a new phone. Good luck getting it resolved. Where there is a will there is usually a way!!!

Thanks 993,

I managed to get it working again using your suggestions. Took a lot of fiddling and trial & error.

Is this a common issue or does my 6s have some hidden problem ?

Reactions: 933
Could have just been a glitch from the update. It can happen as you have experienced. Glad you were able to resolve the issue!