What's new

iPhone 6 eating up data

You say you close apps after each use but are you double clicking the home button and then flicking nv up the icon for each? In addition, go into settings and turn off Background App Refresh or if there are some apps that you want to be able to refresh in the background, toggle off the others.

You say you close apps after each use but are you double clicking the home button and then flicking nv up the icon for each? In addition, go into settings and turn off Background App Refresh or if there are some apps that you want to be able to refresh in the background, toggle off the others.
I have already done that...and yes I double click home and flick each app after every time I am done using the phone........Apple wants me to bring the phone in to the store for a diagnostic and possible reset . They
Yes I have done both....Apple wants me to bring the phone to the store for a diagnostic test and possible restore. Taking the phone in on Sunday......Not a great start to my Apple experience.

Is background app refresh still turned on for Facebook? Tap Settings-General-Background App Refresh and scroll down the listed app till you find Facebook. Then just tap the slider so that its to the left and no green is showing. With this turned off Facebook doesn't refresh when you're not actively using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is background app refresh still turned on for Facebook? Tap Settings-General-Background App Refresh and scroll down the listed app till you find Facebook. Then just tap the slider so that its to the left and no green is showing. With this turned off Facebook doesn't refresh when you're not actively using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
That was the first thing I checked.

Apple wants me to bring the phone to the store for a diagnostic test and possible restore. Taking the phone in on Sunday......Not a great start to my Apple experience.
Not the best start but rest assured Apple will get you sorted out.
Let us know the outcome.

Did you turn the playable movies off on FB?
There is a setting in FB to play the movies on FB automaticly.
You have to change the setting to only wi-fi.
Helped me.

I have already done that...and yes I double click home and flick each app after every time I am done using the phone........Apple wants me to bring the phone in to the store for a diagnostic and possible reset . They

Yes I have done both....Apple wants me to bring the phone to the store for a diagnostic test and possible restore. Taking the phone in on Sunday......Not a great start to my Apple experience.
Well GL. There is s probably some setting that could be the issue. I hope Apple can sort it all out for you. Let us know please. Whoever just told you about the Facebook settings may be on to something. I only recently put FB on my iPhone and found I had to toggle off the Video HD and location buttons on FB. Didn't realize at first the drain or that they had settings in addition to the regular iphone settings.

Helped me.
I did that as soon as I downloaded the app.

I did that as soon as I downloaded the app.
Weird.
But i do aggree iphone 6 does eat a lot of data.
I allready used around 500mb of my 1gb data. On my android i never got to that amount....

Weird.
But i do aggree iphone 6 does eat a lot of data.
I allready used around 500mb of my 1gb data. On my android i never got to that amount....
My Android never came even close to my data limit. Have had this phone 6 weeks and now I'm afraid to open an app. Now im locked into a two year contract with a phone I am liking less and less every day. Not sure why one phone would use more data than another on the same app but there's not much I can do about now.

Helped me.
This one is important. Here's where to do that:
Go to Facebook Settings and tap on "Videos and Photos".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423011247.529528.jpg

Then tap on "Auto Play".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423011297.144282.jpg

Set as shown:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423011354.461819.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

And the above is in addition to the iPhone settings at Settings>Facebook>Settings

My Android never came even close to my data limit. Have had this phone 6 weeks and now I'm afraid to open an app. Now im locked into a two year contract with a phone I am liking less and less every day. Not sure why one phone would use more data than another on the same app but there's not much I can do about now.
Your iPhone 6 is not acting normally. I think that Apple will find the reason for the extra data use and be able to fix it or replace the phone.

Your iPhone 6 is not acting normally. I think that Apple will find the reason for the extra data use and be able to fix it or replace the phone.
Went to the Apple Store today....the phone came back with no problems....they suggested the problem could be in Network Settings so we reset that and I downloaded the ATT app to keep an eye on my data..... I was also informed of some things about how ATT over charges data to many of its customers....so for the next billing cycle (13th to 13th) I plan to keep very close track of any cellular data......Thanks to everyone that posted.....if anything changes I will post.

Hmm. For what it is worth, I have been an AT&T customer on every iphone I have had and have never been over charged for data (knock wood).
I hope you monitoring things will resolve your issue. BTW, did you reset the network settings?