What's new

iphone 5s screen not as vibrant and sharp as iphone 4?

moonman079

Reaction score
i just got my iphone 5s tonight. so far it is about what I expected. but I was wondering if they changed the screen somehow? my wife has a iphone 4 with the newest software and when the phone are side by side her screen is a lot more crisp and clearer than mine. even with the brightness set the same he back grounds are white with bold black letters and mine is more of dull with and off white background and smaller less bold black letters. her screen actually looks 3 times better than mine all of the colors seems to pop more. the iphone 5 I had was like that as well. everything just seemed to stand out more and was sharper. is the duller looking screen something to do with a change they made? or is it an issue with the phone?

Mine is SOOOOO much clearer looking than my 4s, it's a retina display after all. Perhaps there is a setting that needs changed?

I figured it out... Mine shipped with the display brightness set way low, it looked dull. Increase the brightness and the display will look better.