What's new

iPhone 5 Coming the Last Week in June?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
SK_Telecom_Korea.JPG

After several reports from many different sources to the effect that the iPhone 5 would not be released until September at the earliest, MacRumors has news today from Korean site, ETNews.co.kr, which says that Apple has plans to release the iPhone 5 in the last week of June 2011. The Korean site bases this news on new information from Korean carriers SK Telecom and KT, who apparently have revealed that they will be two of the first carriers to get the next iPhone.

“In the midst of the iPhone 5 postponement rumors, Apple has confirmed that iPhone 5 will be released as planned,” says ETNews.co.kr.

The confusion about the launch date and rumours of a fall launch were mainly caused by Apple’s recent announcement that the upcoming WWDC in June, where new iPhones are usually launched, would be a software-only affair, with no hardware whatsoever. However, MacRumors says that according to the Korean site, Apple is planning to hold a special media event solely to launch the iPhone 5, and that it will be hosted by Steve Jobs.

According to MacRumors, they’ve yet to establish the credibility of the Korean site, so we’ll have to wait and see how the story develops and if anyone else picks it up.

UPDATE: Jim Dalrymple says on The Loop that the ETNews.co.kr story is false, and that his sources are telling him there will be no iPhone 5 launch in June, and that a Fall launch for the phone is still on the cards.

Source: iPhone 5 to Launch at End of June? - Mac Rumors

Last edited:
just 3 more months to go and rumours and speculations start to get very high as people get more exited to see what apple will release, i hope one day i can go to a wwdc.

What I have never understood is people saying it is going to be strictly software and not any hardware at all. NOWHERE did it say look at only the software we have.

It said join us to see the future of Mac OSX and iOS.

Here is some information for people out there: the iPhone is kind of a HUGE part in the role of iOS.

So the future of iOS could be taking advantage of a new dual-core processor or something along those lines.

Apple has never said hey come join us for our iPhone unveiling, but there has always been one.

So I'm not counting an iPhone out of WWDC until WWDC is over.