What's new

iPhone 4S light wont turn off

judge69gto

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S for a couple years now and ever since I bought it, the light would stay on very dim. After a while it will turn off. As soon as you press the round home button... It turns on. Hardware issue for sure??

Sounds normal to me. It goes into a dim state when inactive for a set amount of time then turns the screen off to save battery. Pressing the home button while its in the dim state returns it to active mode. Touching the screen does the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I meant to say the camera flash light! It goes dim after a while. Never had a flash light app installed on it either.

That is a problem. I thought you were referring to the screen. If you've tried the normal restarts/restores and the problem isn't fixed then its a hardware issue and should be taken in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 4S for a couple years now and ever since I bought it, the light would stay on very dim. After a while it will turn off. As soon as you press the round home button... It turns on. Hardware issue for sure??

Have you tried going into the camera app and turning off the flash to see if that would help?

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator