What's new

Can you turn off the sound made when the voice to text button is pressed whiletexting

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz989

Reaction score
Can you turn off the sound made when the voice to text button is pressed while texting? Even when my phone is in vibrate it makes that noise when pressed, I can see this becoming an issue while I'm in class. So, is there a way to turn that off?? Thanks!

I don't think it's Siri. It's the little microphone button on the keyboard as I am typing right now

I don't think it's Siri. It's the little microphone button on the keyboard as I am typing right now

Have you turned off Siri as I suggested? Until you do that, that microphone will be there on your keyboard. Keep me posted.

I'm sorry for doubting you, it works!! Thank you! I can't even use Siri here at school, edge connection for the lose! Thanks again

It's not the vibration, it's the sound it makes when you press the microphone button in text then press done

I'm sorry for doubting you, it works!! Thank you! I can't even use Siri here at school, edge connection for the lose! Thanks again

You are welcome, happy it's working like you wanted it to be :)

Let me see if I am getting this right. No disrespect, but I think I am missing something. The question, is how to turn off the annoying loud beep that Siri makes when using speech to text. And supposedly the solution, is to disable Siri, which also disables speech to text, defeating the whole purpose of this post? Am I getting that right?

How do you guys find these old threads to drag up? Why are you posting an answer to a year and a half old thread?

OK, THIS WORKS: The microphone has its own volume level.

• Go to send a text
  • Hit the microphone button
  • Turn the volume down for the microphone using the external volume control on the side of the phone itself
  • This does not affect your ringer volume
The suggestion to "turn off Siri" in order to mute the microphone ding is equivalent to suggesting that you "not drive your car" to keep from hearing that squeaking sound coming from the brakes.

The OP's question has been answered, the problem has been solved. The one who posted that question hasn't been back for more than 4 years. It's not very likely he'll read a reply.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.