What's new

iPhone 4 Replacement @ Apple Store?

ewingeric

Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought my friend's iPhone 4 from him. A couple days ago however, the silent button stopped working, and i'm positive that it must be a physical issue, which means the phone will most likely be replaced.

I'm curious however, if I take in my phone to the Apple store, and they realize my name doesn't match up with my friends (which I think would show up when they pull up the serial) would they still replace the phone, or would they not since the names aren't the same?

The warranty goes with the device, regardless of who is using it. I brought in my old Macbook (that I had bought on eBay) to the Apple store,and they didn't need it in my name. Before that, with another Macbook, I called Apple to have the warranty transferred and the rep stated it didn't need to be transferred to use the warranty.

I would call Apple and transfer the warranty anyway. All you need is the previous owners name.

There is no trouble with the user name in the phone, and Apple will not ask for your ID before replacing the device for you, so no worries.

You can call and set an appointment then after asking for your name they will realize that the names don't match up and ask if you would like to change it to your name and of course you would say yes but there's not much of a bug with that,