What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 Bootlogo

kris34ish

Reaction score
I was just wanderiing if there's a way to get a custom boot logo on my iPhone, because I am using the Darkstar theme and wanted to know if it's possible to get an alien boot logo for it.

You can use a custom bootlogo by installing "Animate" and "Animate Fix" and then either download or create a custom bootlogo. Really not worth it IMO though. Animate first shows the default Apple logo, then it shows the custom logo, then it shows a respring animation and it takes a bit longer to boot. I mean how many times do you actually reboot the device anyway? :p

Just posted this in another thread but beware if you watch the tutorials on making your own boot logo! As stated above, install Animate and then Animate Fix. Make your frames for the animation. They need to be 320x480 or 640x960 (retina). They all have to be .png images. Name the first one whatever, "mylogo.png", then the rest of the frames are named "0.png", "1.png", etc. SSH in and go to /Library/BootLogos. Make a folder for your logo and copy the files over. Then go to the Settings app, BootLogo, and your new boot logo should appear under extras. Choose it and restart the device. As stated above the Apple logo shows for 90% of the bootup sequence, then your animation plays, then you get a respring. It does add about 8-10 seconds to boot time. You gotta decide if it's worth it. I made a boot logo anim that melts the original Apple logo, so it looks kinda cool even though the Apple logo shows first.