What's new

iphone 4 durability

I have a otterbox defender. Kind of clunky but I think the two layers, hard plastic and silicone are the best at protection.

hudoff said:
I have a otterbox defender. Kind of clunky but I think the two layers, hard plastic and silicone are the best at protection.

Yes i love my otter box it seems great!

If I am not mistaken it is made from sapphire crystal. It is very tough. It is the same material that the AIM-9x seeker head is made from. The AIM-9x is a short range air to air missile used by the US Military. I have seen them take some hard hits and come out unscathed. Granted they don't fall from 5+ feet onto the ground.

The glass is supposed to be scratch resistant, not indestructable.

How ass backwards is that! Would you rather have a scratched iPhone or a broken iPhone? Crapple! Fail! Everyone can use a screen protector and everyone will drop their phone so why did the get this concept reversed? Only to make money off you!

Exactly ^

They know the design will sell extremely well.. so that profit + profit from repairs and replacements = $$$$$$$

The screen is literally the only thing that worries me about purchasing this device.

Griffin for the win I've had otter and it doesn't even compare, although otter is a good case. I think there's already a thread on cases. Use the search

iPhone 4s 16gb

Griffin is amazing, my mate had one, we was messing about with it like playing catch and throwing it across his garden, suprisingly no marks on phone at all, even though the griffin is quite bulky it still looks quite nice, think i heard griffin could with stand up to 18 ft and otter with stand 16 ft, was looking on some eBay ads earlier... Id deffinitely go for the griffin, a guy on youtube threw it into a wall and still now marks on the phone.