What's new

iphone 4 durability

antisomnic

Reaction score
I've read that the iphone 4 uses the same glass that is used on helicopters and that the band is made of super durable stainless steel. My question is I really like the way it looks without a case.... is it durable enough to not need one?

Drop one from 6 feet backside down on to a pebble and you will shatter that glass without a second thought.

I've dropped mine onto concrete/asphalt from as high as 6 ft. naked. Nothing broken yet. *knocks on wood*

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

jjmartinez1982 said:
I've dropped mine onto concrete/asphalt from as high as 6 ft. naked. Nothing broken yet. *knocks on wood*

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I dropped mine from 4 ft. Naked on concrete. Chipped a little bit of the glass on the side, but no cracks. It's not noticeable, but I've installed a protective case since! :D!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I've read that the iphone 4 uses the same glass that is used on helicopters and that the band is made of super durable stainless steel. My question is I really like the way it looks without a case.... is it durable enough to not need one?

NO!!

Maybe once, or even twice, then you'll have regrets.

You should never go naked with the iphone, always cover it with so kind of protection.....just my opinion

Yeah even though the glass is made from helicopter glass or whatever it's always advice to protect the phone. It's not a bullet proof glass so it can always break.

Have a case thing for whenever I am out and about,not used @ home so much.

Look on YouTube for Griffen Survivor, guy fits the CSS and ties the phone to his bumper , takes it for a trip around the block - camera running.

Not content, he then bowls it cricket style along a road for about 20 meters.

Now that's very impressive protection IMHO :)

I'd suggest if you got a Griffen case to fit a screen protector on it's 'window'.

crowd pleaser said:
Look on YouTube for Griffen Survivor, guy fits the CSS and ties the phone to his bumper , takes it for a trip around the block - camera running.

Not content, he then bowls it cricket style along a road for about 20 meters.

Now that's very impressive protection IMHO :)

I'd suggest if you got a Griffen case to fit a screen protector on it's 'window'.

The griffen case is no different from the otter box defender