What's new

iPhone 4 battery

ghostrunner21

Reaction score
Just got my iPhone 4 for Christmas and charged it, the 1st charge lasted a day and a half , now it is only lasting half a day, any suggestions or help would be welcome thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmartinez1982 said:
6 hours of use is the max you'll get, no matter how it's distributed.

That's not true. My 4 goes down about 10% for every hour of continuous use. If it just sits there and I don't touch it, it goes down maybe 2% an hour.

My phone lasts 30 hours or more because of the tweaks I've done. If you search the forum, there are many threads on battery life. Turning off bluetooth, location services, system services, etc.

Chris951 said:
That's not true. My 4 goes down about 10% for every hour of continuous use. If it just sits there and I don't touch it, it goes down maybe 2% an hour.

Most of my friends average 6 hours of use, NOT STANDBY. My standby can get as high as 24 hours or higher as long as my use is less than 6 hrs. I have location and wifi on, don't use auto brightness, and have push email active.

Last edited:
eddieg said:
Even if it were 1% its still way to much you might want to double check that and be sure.

Dude calm down. I don't turn anything off. The phone is 2 days old. Relax

Your battery will rake several full long charges before it starts to attain the full run time.

I have the 4/32, 6 months old. Battery usually lasts me all day with moderate use, and all weekend on slight use.

GPS is a battery killer, location services also won't help. I don't have push email activated, so it only looks for new mail when i press the mail icon (2 x accounts).

I just got an extension battery pack bumper case of Ebay to extend GPS usage when i'm out on push bike rides

Think your 4 is bad my 4S battery if off the scale taking my phone back to apple for an exchange I run out after 4hrs and it's less than a month old :/

Sent from my T-Mobile UK iPhone 4S using iPF.net