What's new

Battery draining in standby mode within 8 hrs please help

The Apple warranty on iPhones is worldwide. Have you enquired whether or not Apple will honour a warranty claim?

Entering the serial number of your iPhone here will tell you what warranty coverage your phone has. The local Apple Store will tell you whether or not they will service it under the warranty. Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

Here is the wording of Apple's worldwide warranty. Apple - One Year Limited Warranty - Worldwide
This is the details I got can u please let me know about this thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 461
You are under warranty until October. Make an appointment with Apple to take it in to an Apple Store to get checked out and fixed.

According to that screenshot your warranty coverage will expire around the middle of October this year. The validated purchase date just lets them access their records of your iPhone more quickly. The lack of the original buyer's receipt won't mean the denial of any warranty service. I'd take it in for a full diagnostic sooner rather than later.

Warranty service can mean anything from a repair of your phone to replacement with a new or refurbished iPhone.

According to that screenshot your warranty coverage will expire around the middle of October this year. The validated purchase date just lets them access their records of your iPhone more quickly. The lack of the original buyer's receipt won't mean the denial of any warranty service. I'd take it in for a full diagnostic sooner rather than later.

Warranty service can mean anything from a repair of your phone to replacement with a new or refurbished iPhone.
In net many telling that warranty can be done with in the purchased country itself .this mob purchased in Australia.now am using it in India..

Bro I just now called apple support they said within purchased country only the warranty can be claimed..then they said my battery is fine there may be some software glitch problem in mobile like that they said..they asked me to restore from iTunes..

Bro I just now called apple support they said within purchased country only the warranty can be claimed..then they said my battery is fine there may be some software glitch problem in mobile like that they said..they asked me to restore from iTunes..
They gave you the wrong information. What you say they said is in contradiction to all warranty information that their website says. You should still take it in and ask for warranty service if the diagnostic says the problem is hardware related. Why would they say that the warranty is only good in the country of purchase if all their info says the warranty is worldwide?

There's a big difference between "may restrict coverage to the country of purchase", which is what the warranty says and "will restrict coverage to the country of purchase", which is nowhere mentioned in the warranty documentation.

Many iPhone owners have succeeded in obtaining warranty service for iPhones outside the country of purchase.

How do they know your battery is fine if they've never seen or tested your iPhone?

Last edited:
Thanks bro for your valuable time and sharing info..it's helped me a lot ..I will take my mobile there and diagnosis the issue..

Scifan, bear thank u very much guys..you guys just saved my money..just 1 hr before I called to authorised apple centre and told my imei number...they told me that the mobile is under warranty we can diagnosis your problem n fix it n give like that they told..I am super happy now thank u guys cause of u only it happened

Okay today I went to apple care..what a surprise the technician who working there is my friend..I am super happy he taken mobile n diagnose then he told I can't able to reset your battery so we will change the battery and try if it doesn't work will replace the handset itself..he will tell the status within 2 days

That's great. Isn't it something?? You dread the hit to your pocketbook and then you actually get to the Apple Store and get so much help. It's one of my major reasons for having an iPhone.