What's new

iOS Updates and Jailbreaking

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on the matter, however, if I were to Jailbreak my new Verizon iPhone and then a month later a software update is released (say iOS 4.3) will iTunes still update the software, or will I need to restore in order to get the update?

Thanks in advance!

iTunes won't automatically update your phone. If you choose to update it you will loose your jailbreak in the process...

Ok thanks everyone for the comments!

Yeah coming from Android, trying to get used to everything...finding Cydia to be a tad 'difficult' LOL not sure what I am looking for...

Took a look at 'Manage Packages' and I have some packages listed, however, have not downloaded anything yet, so not sure where they came from.

Guess I am confused at where to start.

Took a look at 'Manage Packages' and I have some packages listed, however, have not downloaded anything yet, so not sure where they came from.

Cydia has some packages that are installed by default; these are the packages necessary to run Cydia itself.

Haha if you used to root your droid, you'll get used to cydia in no time :)
Never had to root my Droid, did everything I wanted straight out of the box, lol. That is not a bash on the iPhone so please do not take it that way. I suppose where my confusion comes in is the layout of Cydia does not make it all that user friendly...Guess I just need to play around with it, it is just hard to determine what each app does.

Cydia has some packages that are installed by default; these are the packages necessary to run Cydia itself.
That is what I was figuring, but was not sure.

Appreciate the comments! :)

Have fun exploring. The iPhone straight out of box isnt bad either. Just a lot more fun when you mess around with it a bit